If fall is your most favorite season of all, you’ll love this project as it features the Kayana collection from Banyan Batiks which highlights the awesome autumn colorway. It’s the perfect weekend project you can make, no matter your skill level, and gift without breaking your heart.
The secret to this easy project is the beautiful masterpiece #80296-25 from the Kayana Autumn collection as its color changes from one selvage to the other. It’s the perfect key element for the pattern I have in mind.
- 1½ yds #80296-25 from the Kayana Autumn collection for the top and backing
- ⅛ yd each of 6 coordinating fabrics from the Kayana Autumn collection
- 26” x 38” batting
- Cut one 12½” piece (D) (ensure this is cut from selvage to selvage)
- Cut one 6½” WOF strip
- subcut into six 6½” squares (C) (ensure the blocks are made with each distinctive colorway: one beige, two pink, one brown and two brown/black) Refer to photo below to see color blocks.
- Cut one 2½” WOF strip from each coordinating fabric
- subcut into two 2½” x 6½” rectangles (A) and three 2½” squares (B)
Come back tomorrow to see how to make the main block for this project. I’m sure once you start cutting the pieces, you’ll also fall in love with the beauty of the Kayana Autumn Collection by Banyan Batiks.
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
[shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”23735596″]