In yesterday’s post, there was a video explaining how to make a pattern to recover an old, tired lampshade. The pattern and fabric were prepared and ready to be painted with Mont Marte Signature Fabric Paint. Today, I’m showing you how to paint the lampshade cover with this gorgeous paint.
Here are some observations about Mont Marte Signature Fabric Paint Set.
- It’s thick.
- It’s pourable.
- It’s mixable to create an even bigger palette.
- It’s easily blended.
- It’s recommended to use it thinly to avoid cracking when it dries.
- It’s colorful and stays bright when dried.
- It has saturated color.
- This fabric paint does not bleed when applied to the cotton fabric.
- It comes in many colors (up to 36).
- Clean up brushes, palette, and table with ease using warm soapy water.
- Heat set with an iron for 3-5 minutes.
- Washable on cold cycle.
- There are an unfathomable number of ideas to use with this paint; you’re only limited by imagination.
- Cut away excess freezer paper from the lampshade cover.
- Lay out all supplies, paint, brushes, plastic paint palette, the lampshade cover, paper towels and a small test piece of fabric.
3. It’s recommended to paint one color at a time so that only one or two bottles are open to prevent other paints from drying.
4. It’s recommended to use the finer brushes for this design: #6 round, #1 round, #1 liner, #4 filbert.
5. Move on to other colors and fill in all flowers, leaves, and the sun, painting carefully to avoid going over the pencil sketch lines; refer to photos.
TIP Don’t be afraid to mix colors if you need different greens. Add white, black, or yellow as a suggestion to change the colors. These paints are very mixable and you can create many colors.
6. Wipe the excess paint off the brushes with the paper towel or wash the brushes between color changes with warm soapy water and rinse well.
7. Think of the direction of the sun and add ‘light’ to the edge of the petals so they look like they’re sun-kissed. To do this, mix white paint with the flower, and leaf colors.
8. Blend colors, as needed. These fabric paints perform well and are easily blended.
Join me tomorrow when I show you the free motion stitching with Gütermann Thread and heat setting process so that the lampshade cover is complete and ready to upholster to the actual lampshade. Mont Marte Fabric Paint is the perfect medium to paint DIY homewares and fashion.