The versitality of Stonehenge fabric
This week on QUILTsocial I’m going to be working with Northcott’s newest addition to their Stonehenge family – Stonehenge Elements so today we’re going to be talking about 10 ways to use Northcott’s Stonehenge fabrics in your quilts.
I’ve been very fortunate to be able to design with Northcott Stonehenge fabrics quite a few times. Here are some of the patterns that I’ve designed with these great fabrics:
And our most recent best selling pattern – Prelude to Winter.
I love working with Stonehenge fabrics for a few reasons:
- They’re made by Northcott so they’re exceptional quality.
- They feel WONDERFUL.
- The designs have so much depth and variation that no two quilts made with them will look exactly the same.
- The themes range from nature, patriotic and juvenile to animal print, holiday and sewing supplies, but they all have that same wonderful Stonehenge feel to them and many of the fabrics co-ordinate from one line to another.
- There are wide backings also available.
Use Stonehenge fabrics in your favorite “pre-cut” pattern
There’s a wide variety of pre-cuts available in the Stonehenge fabric line. Instead of jelly rolls and layer cakes, Stonehenge fabrics come in the following aptly named collections:
- Chips – contain 42 – 5″ x 5″ squares (use in any pattern calling for charm squares)
- Tiles – contain 42 – 10″ x 10″ squares (use in any pattern calling for layer cakes)
- Strips – contain 40 – 2½” x WOF strips (use in any pattern calling for jelly rolls)
- Rolls – contain 10 – fat quarters (use in any fat quarter friendly pattern)
As you can see, the possibilities for Stonehenge fabrics are ENDLESS!! Lucky for me, this week I get to play with Northcott’s new Stonehenge Elements fabric line. Although Nellie and I have already used this fabric line to design our Prelude to Winter pattern, I’m excited to use the other colorway – Blue Planet. After looking through Northcott’s website and talking about 10 ways to use Northcott’s Stonehenge fabrics in your quilts, I can’t wait to get started!!