The Color Shuffle I talked about yesterday is an amazing feature on the Brother Luminaire 2 Innov-ìs XP2, offering several color palettes on the screen!
I love changing my home decor seasonally, and a simple way to do that is to change the pillows or pillowcases on my sofa! The new additions to my pillow collection were all created on the Brother Luminaire 2 Innov-ìs XP2.
For the most recent pillow collection addition, I QuiltBroidered fabric before making the pillow. I used boiled wool, which is pretty thick fabric, and I added quilt batting before hooping.
The Magnetic Sash Frame made it quick and easy to hoop the boiled wool fabric. Because the fabric was so thick and stable, I didn’t use stabilizer.
- From the Luminaire Main Screen, select My Design Center.
- Touch the Circle/Square icon and then the Hoop icon to select the size of hoop you’ll use.
- I’m using the new Magnetic Sash Frame which is 7″ x 14″, so I selected that.
- Touch the Decorative Fill Selection icon; touch it again on the next screen.
- Scroll through the Decorative Fill designs.
- I chose design 037, since I thought it looked like fall leaves.
- After selecting a color from the next screen, the Design Screen appears.
- Touch the Paint Can Fill icon, then touch the screen. The embroidery fill will appear on the design screen.
- Touch Next to make any alterations you wish to your design. I changed the Design Density to 165% and left the Outside Outline off.
- I set the Stitch Out Density to triple stitch.
- Press Set; the quilting design converts to embroidery and appears on the embroidery screen.
- Place hooped fabric on the Brother Luminaire 2 Innov-ìs XP2 and begin stitching.
- When the stitching is completed; remove the hoop and the magnets and carefully slide the fabric across to access the next section of fabric to quilt.
- You already have the Design Fill, so just press Embroidery to start.
- Cut fabric to the desired size for a pillow cover top and add unquilted fabric (with a zipper closure) for the backside of the pillow.
- Stitch on all four sides; turn right side out and insert pillow form.
The Brother Luminaire 2 Innov-ìs XP2 is packed full of features – there’s something for every quilter and embroiderer! I hope you enjoyed learning how QuiltBroidery can help a quilter who wants to dabble in embroidery or an embroiderer who wants to try their hand at quilting.