In yesterday’s post we finished decorating our Christmas tree on this magical decorative cushion using the PFAFF creative ambition 640. In the week’s final post, I’m showing you how to finish the project into a cushion. But I also have one final Decorative Stitch that I’d like to demonstrate as it has become my favorite of all for this project: The Alphabet Stitch.
Let me show you how I stitched Merry Christmas, Joyeux Noël and Feliz Navidad onto the back of the cushion using the PFAFF creative ambition 640. The instructions below are based on the finished size of my project, which is a 14½’’ square.
Preparing the fabric
- Cut two 14½’’ x 10½’’ rectangles in the fabric for the back side of the cushion.
- Fold over ½” along the long edge of one side of each rectangle.
- Using your iron, press the fold down.
- Fold the raw edge once more under the first fold and press again.
- Stitch along the edges.
- Position each panel onto a tear-away stabilizer.
Using the Alphabet Stitch on the PFAFF creative ambition 640
I made a video to help you see how easy it is to stitch words onto fabric.
Adding the back of the cushion to the project
- Remove the tear-away stabilizer from the rectangles.
- Position your Christmas Tree cushion top, right side up.
- Pin one of the backing rectangles, right side facing down, aligning the raw edges with the left edge of the cushion top.
- Pin the second rectangle over the project, right side facing down, aligning the raw edges with the right edge of the cushion top.
- Stitch along at ¼” of the four edges of the cushion.
- Turn the cushion right side out and press the edges.
- Add a cushion inside.
And that’s how we finish this Christmas tree cushion using the amazing decorative stitches, including the Alphabet stitch, of the PFAFF creative ambition 640. Wishing you and your loved ones the very best for this Holiday Season.