Here’s a quick and easy project you can create using the awesome new PFAFF creative ambition 640 in time for your holiday festivities! This is also the perfect solution to be able to say you have a Christmas tree in every room, no matter the size of the room. During the week, I’ll be demonstrating my best tips to create this beauty and also show you how to achieve a cool 3D effect under the Christmas tree.
I loved making this project with the PFAFF creative ambition 640. And check all the decorations on the tree that were created using many fancy stitches. I’ll show you all week how the PFAFF creative ambition 640 helped me to create this cushion. But before we begin, let’s go through the list of all the stuff you need. If you’re like me, you’ll probably be able to simply go through your fabric stash as the pieces are rather small. Now, when finding my fabrics, I struck gold with a fabric that already had several colored circles and another one that had a golden star. Both were just the perfect size for my block size (14’’). But do not fear, I do have all the instructions should you need to create your star and circles.
And, you can create the size you need! Choose between a decorative pillow or a wall hanging, you can even create several blocks for a festive throw or bed quilt. My instructions are based on the 14’’ block size used for my project. You can definitely modify the design by scaling the printing size of the designs to fit whichever size you want.
- 2 fat quarters
- 1 for the background of the block
- 1 for the backing of the project for quilting
- 8’’ x 10’’ of green fabric for the tree (you can also use different fabrics for each section)
- 2½” x 2½” of brown fabric for the trunk
- scraps of various colors for decorative balls
- 2 pieces – 2’’ x 2’’ of light gold fabric for the top star
- 2 pieces – 2’’ x 2’’ of dark gold fabric for the bottom star
- 16’’ x 16’’ quilt batting
- 14’’ x 14’’ wool batting (for trapunto)
- Sulky rayon thread, gold color, for decorative stitches
- Sulky rayon thread, silver, for background quilting
- Sulky rayon thread, brown, to quilt the trunk
- Water soluble thread (for trapunto)
- 2 sheets of 8’’ x 10’’ of double-sided light fusible web
- 1 pair of scissors
- 1 pressing mat
- 1 pressing sheet
- 14’’ x 14’’ tear off stabiliser (for trapunto)
- PFAFF Quilting Needles Assorted Sizes for quilting
- PFAFF Embroidery Needles Assorted Sizes for decorative stitches
- PFAFF 4.5″/11.4cm Opposable Curved Tweezer
- PFAFF 6’’ Curved Embroidery Scissor
- sewing machine
Get all your supplies ready and come back tomorrow so we can start the holiday magic using the PFAFF creative ambition 640.