This week, I’ll be using fabrics from another new Banyan Batiks collection – Intaglio – which is just arriving in quilt shops now. I’ll be using the Forest Pine colorway, but it also comes in 4 other colorways – Seafoam, Peach Punch, Marigold Gray and Pink Hibiscus. I’ll also be using 3 coordinating fabrics from the Banyan Batiks Shadows collection. The Shadows collection is one of several from Banyan Batiks Essentials, a collection of blender fabrics that works well with all the Banyan Batiks fabrics.
Recently, the disappearing nine patch technique has been popular. This week I’ll show how to make projects applying some modern disappearing nine patch using simple piecing and cutting techniques.
- I started with ½ yard pieces of each of my 6 Banyan Batiks Intaglio fabrics and 3 fabrics from the Banyan Batiks Shadows collection to make 3 different projects – placemats, a table runner and a tote bag
- rotary cutter, ruler and board
- thread that blends with the fabrics
Now let’s get started!
- Arrange 9 squares to make a nine patch block.
- Sew the squares together to make 3 rows of 3.
- Sew the rows together to make a nine patch block.