Yesterday I showed how to make the strip sets and add background squares and rectangles to them with the Brother Innov-ís BQ3050 machine. The laser light feature makes sewing those half square triangle corners so easy! Now it’s time to put everything together.
- To make one heart block, arrange the strips as shown in the picture below. Try not to have 2 squares of the same fabric next to each other.
- Make 3 more heart blocks, trying to vary the placement of the fabrics within the blocks.
- Arrange the heart blocks, 2″ red square and sashing strips as shown in the picture below.
- Sew the 2″ x 10½” sashing strips and the 2″ red square to the heart blocks.
Sew a 2″ x 22″ inner border strip to each side.
Sew a 2″ x 25″ inner border strip to the top and bottom.
Sew 3 – 4″ red outer border strips together, end to end, to make one border. Press seams open.
- Make 3 more borders in the same way. Each outer border strip needs to be 4″ x 28½”. You may have to trim some strips or add another piece to make each border the same size.
- Sew one 4″ border to the top, starting in the middle of the border and sewing to the outside edge. This will be a partial seam.
- Sew on remaining borders in a clockwise direction.
- Complete the partial seam on the first border.
Now your Four Heart Valentine table topper or wall quilt is ready to be quilted and enjoyed!