Last week I received a package from WonderFil threads containing a bunch of beautifully colored Razzle and Dazzle threads! I’ve used these threads many times before, so I was very happy to add some new colors to my collection!
I love how the Dazzle thread has one strand of metallic in with the rayon to give it a wonderful sparkle!
The Razzle thread is available in the same lovely colors but doesn’t have the metallic sparkle, so it’s great to use on projects in which you want a more subtle look.
Ways to use the threads for embellishing quilts
1. In past QUILTsocial posts I’ve talked about Experimental embroidery with WonderFil threads and have used them for lots of different projects.
2. In my Stitch outs with WonderFil threads post I showed you how to use lighter weight threads to couch the Razzle and Dazzle threads to a project.
3. You can use the threads for thread painting.
4. They work great for bead work.
5. You can also used them to make tassels too (which one of these days I’m definitely going to try!! Check out this fun video I found for making tassels with WonderFil’s Mirage thread. To make one with Razzle and Dazzle, you just wind around the cardboard 100 times instead of 200 times:
Accent – Tassels – YouTube
When I first started using these threads I was having trouble with them unwinding in my sewing kit and getting tangled. Once I started using WonderFil’s Wonder Guards to wrap them, I never had another tangled mess! They’re also great for loosely wrapping the threads when they’re on the spool of your sewing machine!
Lucky for me, I had enough Wonder Guards to wrap all of my new spools too!
Since I’ve already done lots of hand embroidery, couching and bead work with the threads, this week I want to try something new! So I’m going to experiment with doing some:
6. bobbin work (which I’ve NEVER done before) and
7. punchneedle (which I do ALL the time using embroidery floss).
This is part 1 of 5 in this series.
Go to part 2: 8 essential steps for successful bobbin work
[shareaholic app=”follow_buttons” id=”23735596″]